Sunday, July 17, 2011

Florida on my mind...

The McDaniel Family is headed to Florida in the next few weeks and I cannot wait! I am so excited to spend just over two weeks in the SUNSHINE state! I have almost forgotten completely what it is like to wake up to a sunny day and have the sunshine all day long, not to mention consistent warm weather. We have had a few of those amazingly sunny northwest summer days but I can count on one hand just how many. And, it is starting to really depress me.... so a look on the bright side.... Florida here we come!


I'm very excited to see my parents, siblings, grandparents and old friends. Also, we will be there on Colby's birthday and are planning a little party for him. We haven't celebrated a birthday there in awhile and this one will be extra special because it is Colby's first. I can't wait to take Colby to the beach, he is going to absolutely love it! Especially swimming in the pool! He is my little fish and LOVES to be in the water. He loves to splash and kick and scoot around in the water... He's not afraid or timid at all like his big brother. We will try to be swimming as much as we can while we are there I'm sure. I also want Chase to get more comfortable, too. 

Chase will have a blast helping Gram with yard work and watering and planting flowers in her garden. Chase is also beginning to love to fish so we will probably do some fishing, too. I am also hoping to plan a trip to see Mickey Mouse but that isn't quite set yet. We're still up in the air as to whether it will be worth it with both boys so young, but I know that Chase would absolutely love it. Whenever we see a Disney movie and we see Cinderella's castle during the intro, he always says, "There's Gram & GrandPops' castle! That's where Gram & GrandPops' live!" It would be so fun for him to see the castle in person not to mention all the really amazing experiences there for kids! Chase isn't too into Mickey Mouse and I guess I really want him to "get it" and be excited when we go but maybe we should just go for it and stop thinking too much about it... I'm sure we will have many opportunities to visit again, especially since Gram and GrandPops live in the castle! :)

Lots to do and plan.... not so hard to do on this gloomy, rainy northwest day that feels like a day in February!! ugh. Dreaming of blue skies, sunshine, palm trees, sand covered beaches, sun tan lotion, mickey mouse, fishing poles, swimming pools, family and friends we haven't seen in awhile and all that is Florida! 

1 comment:

  1. I understand why you like it so much! Key West was our favorite trip. Sun. Reliable Sun.

    ReplyDelete