Sunday, July 31, 2011

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home...

No matter how old I get or how long I live in Washington state, I will always think of Florida as home. As soon as I step off the plane and feel beads of sweat come over my brow, I know that I am home... The heat does hit you like a brick wall and it tends to be a little annoying when visiting in the Fall or Winter months when you expect cooler weather but in the Summer, especially this Summer, I cannot wait for it! I welcome being hit over and over by that brick wall of heat, sunshine, and even the humidity! And of course seeing my family is what this trip is all about along with the chance to get away and relax.

We are days away from boarding Alaska Airlines Flight 18 from SEA to MCO. Am so excited but also a little overwhelmed with all that I have to wrap-up, pack-up, and set-up before we escape the land of clouds and gloom for blue skies and sunshine, albeit humid, but I can deal with that. Although yesterday was absolutely beautiful and this upcoming week is supposed to be just as fabulous. The KING5 forecast is predicting sunshine and upper 70s all week, and honestly there is no place like the northwest in the summer time when it is actually summertime. 

We will begin the all consuming task of packing today, getting as organized as we can before we leave bright and early on Wednesday morning. Considering Scott and I both have two full days of work on Monday and Tuesday, this may be the only day we have to really get this done. It's incredible the amount of "stuff" a family of four must pack/take while on vacation... In our case we will have 2 giant suitcases, 2 med-large suitcases, 2 strollers (1 sit-n-stand for both boys and 1 umbrella stroller; although we may opt for the Bob, still undecided), 2 car seats with carry bags, 3 carry on bags (toys, DVDs, iPad, laptop, extra clothes, books, crayons, etc...), 1 diaper bag, and 1 purse. And, this is our version of traveling light...


Whew, I'm overwhelmed just reading this quick list of all we will be taking with us as I know all that will go into these suitcases and bags and we haven't even started packing yet...And, I am a little grumpy, too, due to a 3 a.m. wake-up call from Colby on the baby monitor. He finally went back to sleep at 3:30 a.m. only to wake up around 4:30 bright-eyed and ready to begin his day. He's now sleeping (which took approx. 1 hr 45 mins. to get him down with Scott and me trading off at least 4x before he finally went down for his morning nap.... I think he's teething and fighting a little chest cold. I hope it doesn't turn into anything. The saving grace to the start of this day has been Chase, believe it or not. He woke up in a great mood and has really been wonderful all morning. I love it when he wakes up and is not fussy or moody or stubborn. It happens more often then you'd expect especially when he does not have to go to school. Although this morning he said, "Mama, today I don't have to go to school but tomorrow I do. I like to go to school, Mama."

Well, this post isn't too exciting but a quick update of sorts... now I better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment