Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Message to My Mom

Mom, you are my angel. A blessing in my life that I cherish and appreciate every day. Despite the distance and whether we miss a day or a week of being in touch, I know you are there thinking of me, and loving me no matter what. How lucky and grateful I am to have you in my life for so many reasons...
Mom and me days before Colby was born

Thank you for teaching me all you have and still continue to about life, love and most importantly about being a mom. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you to call on for advice and support when I hit those bumps in the road and need a shoulder to cry on...

Thank you for giving me the kind of childhood I can look back on fondly with wonderful memories of "Kite Day," picnics at the play park, bike rides around the lake, sparklers on the Fourth of July, camping at Ft.Wilderness and Ft. Summit, trips to Vero Beach, road trips to softball games, vacations to Illinois, and many visits to Wet 'N Wild during the summer. 

Thank you for not only teaching me to enjoy life and have fun but to be responsible and to work hard. I admire your strength and independance and try my best to model that in my life everyday.

Thank you for loving my Dad and taking care of him. Your marriage of 35 years (and counting) is the example of how compromise, communication, friendship, commitment, love and support through the good times and bad is truly what makes a marriage last. 

Thank you for volunteering at school, having dinner on the table every night for family dinners, making me play outside, for coaching my softball team, long talks during Monday Night movies during high school, haircuts and highlights, your visits to Daytona Beach and Tallahassee during college, for warning me to "watch my backside," your support while I moved out West even though that was really hard for you, your love of Scott and our children. It means the world to me that you love them so much and were here with me when they were born. 
Gram with Chase a week after he was born

Gram with Colby days after he was born
As a mom, I now understand more than ever all you have done for me, all you have sacrificed, and the unconditional love you have for me, Matt and Jeanette as your children. 

Thank you, mom, for all of this and more. You are a wise, courageous, caring woman in so many ways. A loving wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I love you, Ma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment